Our client is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the largest in-house asset managers in the world as a senior asset manager running investments in wind and solar across the globe. Over $2 billion of equity investment in renewables.
- Optimize project performance - this will be focused on a subset of assets which need particular focus
- Specialist focus on commercial and contractual management
- Collaboration with the transactions teams to ensure joint accountability and a smooth transition of projects.
- Commercial management of our operating assets with a focus on key assets with opportunities
- Understanding the economic, commercial and reputational drivers of our investments to identify risks and opportunities - implementation of solutions to mitigate risk and improve returns
- Tracking and communicating project performance and periodic Asset Reviews and planning
- Project contract management (O&M, 3rd Party Asset Management, Facility Agreement) and management of any contract claims
- Assist with Project Insurance issues
- Oversight of local Asset Managers and other service providers
- Assist in annual budget setting process
- Provide diligence feedback related to the commercial asset management arrangements for prospective investments.
- Maintain key commercial data from operating assets to enhance future assumptions / budgeting as well as elevate the overall institutional market intelligence.
- Assist in the development of a strategic approach to operations management of assets to maximize project performance
- Written and oral reporting both internally to the Team and Senior Management as well as externally to existing and prospective Limited Partners.
- Assist in fundraising
- Participate in the preparation for and ultimate disposition of existing assets.
- Deep understanding and experience in commercial and contractual management of operating power assets, ideally renewable power.
- Preferably also a depth of understanding of financial and technical operations management
- Highly rated in their career to date (at least 5 years in the power generation industry)
- Strong academic background in Business Management, Engineering or Finance. Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Able to manage workload autonomously and effectively
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
- Strong self-learning skills and comfortable with autonomy - inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The role involves extensive travel to sites and operations organizations
- Significant investment exposure on prestige projects
- Experienced senior technical and commercial teams with strong team values and excellent learning and development opportunities
- Strong brand in the infrastructure, renewable energy and fund management industry