|Job Title:||Renewable Energy Engineer (Solar PV/ Solar CSP)|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £40,000 + benefits (DOE)|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Renewable Energy Engineer- Solar PV
Cape Town (South Africa)
Our Client is a £1.1 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Their network of 170 principal offices in 140 countries gives them local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client. Owing to extensive global growth energy business is seeking an additional solar PV or solar CSP technical professional to join their renewables team, based in their Cape Town offices. The renewable energy team work globally and are involved on projects across Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas, however they have had huge success in the Africa region. Due to continued growth they are looking for a solar engineer to join our global team in our Cape Town office.
• Providing technical support to a wide variety of stakeholders. The role is varied in its nature and will include working on a range of international solar projects.
• Managing / supporting solar project developments internationally (mainly in the megawatt scale)
• Providing engineering input from initial assessment through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance
• Reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports to a high standard including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
• Providing technical tender support
• Actively assisting with business development and client management
• Attending client and site visits as required (UK and overseas)
• Carrying out technical assessments
• Working effectively on several projects concurrently to deliver to tight deadlines
• You will work alongside other professionals as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
The successful candidate will ideally be an experienced engineer with a passion and interest in the renewable energy sector.
• Degree in an engineering discipline (preferably with an energy related subject with specialisation in solar)
• A broad knowledge of solar energy technologies and projects
• Experience working on megawatt scale solar plants (PV / CSP)
• A deep understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of solar projects
• A proven track record of project delivery to time, quality and budget
• Experience of project finance and contracts
• Ability to manage and lead project work
• Ability to produce high quality technical reports in English, to predefined deadlines
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work both individually and as a team
• A confident communicator