|Job Title:||Renewable Energy Project Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Wiltshire - Swindon|
|Salary:||£33,000 - £45,000 DOE + car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Renewable Energy Project Manager
Allen & York's Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of a sustainable power and waste solutions provider. The organisation are wholly owned by the local council and are currently looking to recruit a Renewables Project Manager.
The Renewables Project Manager will be responsible for leading the development of a portfolio of Renewable Projects using in-house expertise through planning and permitting, legal and contractual negotiations, tendering, design and final investment decision. The successful candidate will ensure that all aspects of the solar development are defined, planned and key milestones are achieved.
• To ensure all renewable projects have been defined, have detailed project plans in place with key milestones and any dependencies clearly identified.
• To plan, organise and direct all activities required for the successful delivery of the renewable development identifying any resource needs including time, money and people.
• To ensure that the project is delivered on time and to budget and to flag if there is any potential overspend. To manage project budgets and spend and to flag if there is any potential overspend.
• To prepare regular status reports on each of the projects within your portfolio for the Divisional Head and the company Board detailing progress, issues and risks.
• To have a stakeholder management plan in place for each project and to ensure key stakeholders are managed in-line with this plan including consultation, updates etc
• To work with the Procurement Manager on the tendering of all aspects of the projects including legals, ICP and ECP.
• To work with the Planning Manager to ensure that planning is submitted in accordance with the project plan and any community consultation is undertaken to assist with a smooth planning process.
• To work with the Grid Connection and Initial Design Manager to secure a grid offer for the scheme.
• Utilising the finance team to define the optimum investment model for a renewable project using an in-house financial model and team.
• To keep project files and documentation up to date and ensure that it is appropriately filed / secured.
• To communicate with the key suppliers on the project to ensure timelines are met.
• To work with the Business Development Team once an opportunity has been defined to take this forward as a project.
• To implement and run regular project management meetings both with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the projects are progressing
• Prince2 / Project Management Experience
• To have the ability to liaise with external stakeholders and develop positive relationships to ensure projects get approval to be built.
• Experience and ability to identify potential obstacles to delivery and influence key decision makers to ensure the project is completed on-time
• Educated to Degree level in a renewables related discipline or other relevant project experience / technical knowledge
• Experience of managing feasibility studies
• Commercial awareness e.g. financials around the delivery of solar projects
• High level influencing and presentation skills.
• Experience in working with multi-disciplinary senior professionals from a wide range organisations and managing individual stakeholder expectations
• The ability to negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders from a wide range of internal and external organisations and bodies
• Ability to effectively manage resources to deliver key outcomes
• Experience with other renewable projects
• Experience of working with local authorities and ability to identify and work with key decision makers to progress the project in-line with the project plan
• Experience in taking renewable energy projects, preferably solar PV through the entire development cycle.
• Identify, negotiate with and influence senior stakeholders from a wide range of internal and external organisations and bodies
• Ability to develop project plans and processes to ensure delivery
• Generate solutions based on sound technical and commercial assessments.
• Present progress, issues, risks and recommendations to a range of stakeholders on progress.
• Ability to work under own initiative and make decisions on the project opportunities and progression