London or Dublin
Our Client is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients.
They are the largest investment manager in the world, they sit at the intersection of global capital and Real Asset investing opportunities. With deep industry expertise, demonstrated access to proprietary deals and a purely fiduciary mindset, their experienced investment professionals leverage,unparalleled risk management capabilities, global reach and deep local presence to deliver compelling investment opportunities to meet clients' needs.
They provides investors with Private Real Estate Debt & Equity, Real Estate Securities and Infrastructure Debt & Equity via funds, co-investments and managed accounts, and currently has $30 billion in invested and committed Real Estate and Infrastructure assets and capital.
They have a 300-person team is based in 22 offices globally.
This is an opportunity to join the Renewable Power Group in a key role within the Renewable Asset Management (RAM) team with a focus on EMEA projects, together with RAM colleagues from the Technical Operations and Financial Operations teams.
The objective of the RAM team is to deliver to our funds and Portfolio Managers optimum operational and financial performance of our rapidly growing portfolio of operating renewable assets (currently 78 wind and solar PV projects in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, France and Sweden).
- Optimize project performance - this will be focused on a subset of assets which need particular focus and Special Projects
- Particular specialist focus on commercial and contractual management
- Part of the Renewable Asset Management (RAM) team with a focus on EMEA projects
- Assist in the strategic development of the RAM team
- Mentoring and close collaboration with RAM colleagues within the Technical and Financial Operations groups
- Collaboration with the transactions teams to ensure joint accountability and a smooth transition of projects.
- The position will report to Technical Director.
- Commercial management of our operating assets with a particular focus on key assets with particular opportunities
- Understanding the economic, commercial and reputational drivers of our investments in order to identify risks and opportunities - implementation of solutions to mitigate risk and improve returns
- Tracking and communicating project performance and periodic Asset Reviews and planning
- Project contract management (O&M, 3rd Party Asset Management, Facility Agreement) and management of any contract claims
- Power sales management (PPAs, hedging)
- Assist with Project Insurance issues
- Oversight of Local Asset Managers and other service providers
- Development of RAM processes and procedures to facilitate growth
- Assist in annual budget setting process
- Provide diligence feedback related to the commercial asset management arrangements for prospective investments.
- Maintain key commercial data from operating assets to enhance future assumptions / budgeting as well as elevate the overall institutional market intelligence.
- Assist in the development of the RPG strategic approach to operations management of assets to maximize project performance
- Written and oral reporting both internally to the Team and Senior Management as well as externally to existing and prospective Limited Partners.
- Assist in fundraising
- Participate in the preparation for and ultimate disposition of existing assets.
- As we are a small team the responsibilities will be broader than outlined above. It is noted that the RAM team is in growth phase and the structure will evolve.
- Deep understanding and experience in commercial and contractual management of operating power assets, ideally renewable power.
- Preferably also a depth of understanding of financial and technical operations management
- Highly rated in their career to date (at least 5 years in the power generation industry)
- Strong academic background in Business Management, Engineering or Finance. Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Able to manage workload autonomously and effectively
- Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
- Strong self-learning skills and comfortable with autonomy - inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The role involves extensive travel to sites and operations organizations
- Significant investment exposure on prestige projects
- Experienced senior technical and commercial teams with strong team values and excellent learning and development opportunities
- Strong brand in the infrastructure, renewable energy and fund management industry