Researcher - Maternity Cover
Maternity cover, commencing from December 2017.
Heritage Collective is a well respected and growing heritage consultancy practice. Alongside Archaeology Collective and Landscape Collective it forms part of the Heritage Collective UK Limited group. We are offering a maternity cover post for a Researcher at this friendly and forward-looking organisation.
The company prides itself on the quality of its advice. Our work involves analysing historic buildings and advising on new ones. We advise clients who are navigating the planning and development process, working with developers, architects, home owners and local authorities. Projects cover listed buildings, conservation areas, world heritage sites, new design and undesignated heritage assets. Projects are undertaken nationwide though there is a focus on London and the south-east.
Our advice is underpinned by solid research. As a professional Researcher you will have a track record sourcing primary and secondary material and compiling referenced reports. The British Library, Kew, LMA and national network of archives will be familiar to you, as will online sources.
As a home working organisation, Heritage Collective embraces remote-working technology to stay connected. You will be home working, with travel to archives and monthly team meetings.
- Experience researching buildings and areas.
- Experience researching individuals, through biographical and census material.
- An appreciation of social history will be beneficial.
- Good communication and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines.
- Driving licence beneficial.
Who You Are:
- Based in London, or in commutable distance (travel throughout the UK will be required, predominantly in London and the South East).
- A professional Researcher.
- Able to self motivate, take initiative.
What's on offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Full time home working, with archive visits and meeting attendance as required
- 5% pension contribution
- Generous annual leave allowance
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience in relation to this role please contact Vildan on 01202 888 986.