|Job Title:||Retrofit Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Andy Tubb|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are looking to recruit a Modernisation Specialist to work in the Machine Tool Customer Service Team. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of our modernisation projects from the initial enquiry, quotation to project planning, monitoring and controlling. The Service Team deals with the complete range of products and services of the Machine Tool business. A key part of the Machine Tool Service business success is our ability to offer complete modernisation solutions utilising products from our complete portfolio. As associated technologies within our division will come from product ranges outside of the Machine Tool range then an understanding of these surrounding areas is part of the job requirement.
The goal of this role will be to provide innovative modernisation solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers in order to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention. In this way we will ensure that the profit, quality and growth expectations of the MT Service business are met and exceeded.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting to the Business Manager Motion Control Customer Service, the job holder will be responsible for
- Identifying customer modernisation requirements for Machine Tool products,
- Provide first-class pre-sales advice and quotations along with the project management and implementation of the modernisation works throughout the UK, including Ireland and Eire.
- The job holder will be required to work closely with other members of the Modernisation team as well as with other colleagues in the extensive Industry Automation & Drives Technologies Team.
- Throughout all aspects of the role there will be a strong focus on the quality of customer service provided to internal and external customers.
- Ensure client satisfaction and retention whilst maximising our profitability and revenue.
- Providing formal quotations and proposals based on technical requirements and specifications of our customers. Actively follow up all quotations.
- Developing an understanding of a customer's business requirements through regular contact such that strategies and plans are implemented ensuring that we are offering appropriate solutions.
- Ensure customer driven innovation and create real value for our customers, value that resides in the customer's experience of our products and services.
- Take ownership of enquiries from our customers and act as the main point of contact for generating our response within an appropriate timescale as agreed with the customer and in line with our procedures.
- Liaise with internal colleagues, sub-contractors and third parties as appropriate.
- Using the CRM system to maintain customer records, log opportunities and quotations.
- Take overall responsibility for specific MCMT modernisation projects, orders won, project manage, building strong collaborative working relationships with our sub-contractors and with the existing MC modernisation team.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided for each customer meets or exceeds their expectations. Act as a point of escalation for support incidents on existing modernisation projects, taking responsibility for communicating with the customer.
- Behave in an entrepreneurial manner by actively selling, advertising and promoting our products and services, providing demonstrations of our applications and contributing to the preparation.
- Thinking strategically about our service products, suggesting, recommending and implementing ways to improve our product portfolio, service and efficiency e.g. provision of Condition Monitoring, Collision Avoidance systems, Mechantronic improvements, Energy saving/Monitoring, bespoke user interface's, diagnostic packages, networking solutions
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- The candidate should be qualified to at least HND level in Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical engineering or equivalent in experience.
- Ideally the candidate will have completed an Electrical Apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have the ability to work proactively to develop new business opportunities along with project management of the business solution.
- PC literacy, essential: Windows OS, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat. Other software packages are used for business purposes and training will be provided as appropriate.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong electrical knowledge, experience in a similar or appropriate industrial automation and drive technology role along with experience in fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of the MCMT range of products.
- Previous experience of Siemens Sinumerik, Simodrive, Simoreg, Sinamics and Simatic S5 & S7 equipment is essential.
- While this role may be of primary interest to individuals with project management or engineering experience, there is an essential need for candidates to use their technical knowledge in a sales role. We are therefore looking for determined, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, applications, market and competition knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation are essential.
- The ability to work under pressure and to work on your own initiative and as part of a team is also required.
- Whilst the position is home based on site work, travel and time in the office will be an essential part of the duties to be performed. The successful candidate will be expected to have a flexible attitude to out of hours working.