Rural Agency Surveyor
C£40-45,000 per annum
You would be working for one of the UKs leading property consultancy who are at the forefront of the industry, and deliver some of the most prestigious projects throughout the country.
The Role of Residential Development Surveyor
You will be joining a team that provides professional consultancy, management and strategic advice on over 1 million acres of farms and estates across the country and works with some of the UK's top-performing rural businesses including individuals, trusts, colleges, charities and companies. You would be involved in the sale and purchase of all types of landed property including commercial farms, residential estates, equestrian property, studs, sporting estates and rural leisure.
Working closely with Partners and other professionals in the rural agency team, you will oversee a portfolio of clients and manage their transactional instructions. You will also be expected to develop your portfolio by identifying and communicating new market opportunities and keeping up to date with market trends.
Responsibilities of the Rural Agency Surveyor
- Develop new agency business with buying and selling clients landed property, either together with relevant partners or on your own
- Receive instructions on purchase or sale of rural properties directly from the market or via others in the division. Take details, check information, value the property, prepare sales particulars and agree a marketing campaign with client
- Place advertising, handle responses, deal with enquiries, paying close attention to quality of service
- Reach best and final offer stage, negotiate terms and finalise sale or purchase
- Liaise between parties, solicitors, and finance institutions, as necessary to expedite closure
- Network within the Firm and externally to promote the service on offer. Make extensive contacts in the rural and agricultural markets within the eastern region and further afield
- Advise other professionals on agency issues
- Be responsible for the profitability and management of instructions taken
- Work on an existing portfolio of management and professional instructions with the Land & Business client partners responsible for those management clients
- Establish and maintain client relationships (often long term)
- Consider business improvement strategies for managed clients.
- Support the partners in developing the clients estates and explore opportunities to add value in conjunction with others
- Create opportunities for cross-selling and maintain awareness of other divisional services
Requirements to be considered for Rural Agency Surveyor
- RICs qualified
- Sound knowledge of property and agency marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent track record of client care
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, internet explorer and email
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Full UK driving license
Interested? Get in touch;
Please contact me today to discuss this role in more detail. I am available any time for an informal and very confidential chat;
Sarah Kerr - Planning and Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!