Safety Engineer (EfW plant) - North London
Leading Energy from Waste contractor currently looking to hire and experienced and qualified Safety Engineer to join their prestigious, high-profile fast growing team based in North London.
The successful candidates must have experience of having major input in addressing the risk of maintenance on the plant by giving an operational input into the planning system to assess the practical risks of the workings of maintenance/contractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operate the Safety System procedures to target nil near misses or accidents.
- Act as contact Senior Authorised Person for major projects and outages.
- Ensure that all Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems procedures are followed for operating plant on the EcoPark site.
- Safe release of plant and equipment and for the isolation of all electrical and mechanical plant with subsequent issue of Electrical and Mechanical Permits for Work, Sanctions for Test, Permits for Work with Restoration of Motive Power and Certificates of Isolation and Earthing to Contractors, Maintenance Department, and Area Board personnel as required, in accordance with the Company Instructions and Safety Rules.
- Ensure that all agreed routine plant checks and testing are being carried out to the specified frequencies and in accordance with Plant Operating Instructions, and that boiler, turbine, control room and auxiliary plant log sheets are filled in correctly, and at the prescribed frequency.
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- HNC (Engineering) or equivalent is necessary.
- Experience of Permit for Work systems and of electrical switching on an integrated grid system.
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable team member
This opportunity of offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact Ashley Smith on 01202 888986 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised if you have not heard back from us within two weeks then, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application.