Our client is the world's leading supplier of products, services and solutions for power generation. They are seeking to appoint a Sales Manager to join our team based in Lincoln supporting the UK Services Power Generation and Power and Gas business within the organisation.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned markets within the product portfolio. The ideal candidate would need to demonstrate sales experience within an engineering support environment.
- Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned region and customer account across the product portfolio,to deliver profitable growth
- Completion of all pre-acquisition activities to Sales Handover covering all commercial, sales and marketing aspects. The Sales Manager is expected to establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base within the assigned region
- Order Intake and Strategic Planning/Forecasting are key targeting factors to successfully develop and deliver sales and marketing initiatives for the Product Portfolio in the Power Generation Service markets. The Sales Manager will have responsibility for strategically delivering: orders and sales through the customer relationship management tool
- Formulate, establish and implement long-term strategies and tactical sales plans to achieve growth in territory. Results are achieved through effective forecasting, follow up of sales opportunities within the Service portfolio of products and services (Inclusive of long term projects, OEM spares, retrofits, revamps, service exchanges, repairs and refurbishments)
- Responsible for the implementation of the product business strategy through market and customer intimacy and initiatives, customer relationship management including close collaboration with direct customers to stimulate new business. Accountable for Order Intake objectives as well as sustaining growth targets in accordance with business strategy and market model, and driving a healthy sales funnel
- Effectively manage opportunities via CRM Tool (Salesfore.com), ensuring opportunities are regularly updated, maintained in accordance with company policy. The Sales Manager is expected to ensure funnel accuracy, attend regular reviews to update management on order intake and forecasted opportunities.
- Experience within a Sales and/or Customer Support environment
- Experience in a Technical Engineering Support environment desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- General sales skills, including: need identification, questioning, listening, negotiation and closing.
- Motivated, dynamic & industrious with “can-do” attitude.