|Job Title:||SCL Shift Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Carolina Troncoso|
|Job Published:||9 days ago|
Purpose of the job
The Shift Engineer is responsible for aspects of the contract as part of the Tunnel Team, with emphasis on control of the works and providing technical advice in both Squareworks and SCL.
The Shift Engineer helps to create a safe and efficient working environment, maintains productivity and communicates with the Lead Miner / Pit Boss to ensure that the works adhere to the correct quality requirements.
Accountabilities / Key responsibilities
- Undertake all works in accordance with the specific ITP, ensuring that the works are built to the correct standards.
- When working on SCL, maintaining Profile control for excavation and spraying.
- Ensure works on site are carried out safely with due regard to the protection of the workforce, public and the environment, including managing exclusion zones.
- Report all construction issues to the Shift Manager (PIC).
- Ensure all works are constructed efficiently, to the required quality and in accordance with the required contract programme.
- Ensure all certificates, assurance and compliance certificates are generated and collated.
- Ensure that CDM and other Health and Safety regulations are complied with.
- Notify the Shift Manager (PIC) of any delays or other impacts to the works.
- Prepare and review Method Statements and ITP's.
- Coordinate materials approval process.
- Manage effective use of materials and control of waste.
- Record as built information using survey equipment as instructed under the Survey Training Course for Shift Engineers.
- Record advance rates and other shift information as required.
- Verify and sign-off Check Sheets.
- Carry out inspections as required by ITP's.
- Complete shift report detailing day's events including a chart describing work carried out at quarter hourly intervals. Produce Weekly reports on site progress.
- Liaise with LU Inspectors.
- Implement and monitor compliance with the RESS.
- Carry out compliance checks as required.
- Ensure compliance with requirements outlined in BSCU's Environmental Management Plan and Construction Code of Practice.
Experience, knowledge, qualifications & training
- Have a good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal, and be able to report at management level.
- A Construction Engineer with experience in similar works and similar tasks. Must show experience in medium / large size projects (preferably tunnel projects) in preparation and documentation of programmes and plans, and coordination of the physical activities.
- Experience of providing technical and engineering support at site on previous tunnelling contracts, ideally including SCL Primary Lining and Squareworks.
- Hold a CSCS Card.
- Hold SSTS.
- Hold Tunnel Safety Card / Tunnel Safety Training Scheme card.