Senior Arboriculturist - London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Arboriculturist to join a 60 plus strong ecology team with a current longstanding arboricultural capability. My client have over 20 years of experience undertaking the full range of ecological and arboricultural surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on masterplanning, mitigation and enhancement design, ecosystem service and natural capital assessment.
They are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including:
- Urban and Greenfield Residential Development
- Highway and Rail Schemes
- Power Stations
- Electrical and Gas Infrastructure
Their clients are based throughout the UK and include:
- EDF Energy
- National Grid
- the Environment Agency
- Transport for London
- Highways England
- Network Rail
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Team Leader in charge of arboriculture and ecology, you will be accountable for the coordination and completion of assigned tasks and projects within the Business Unit or project team. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we are confident that you will gain experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for:
- Lleading and managing the delivery of arboricultural projects to meet time, budgetary and SHEQ targets
- Managing the arboricultural aspects of the client relationship
You will have the opportunity to take a leadership role on small sized arboricultural projects. We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career.
- Managing small arb projects (including budgets and invoicing), attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Undertaking BS 5837 2012 Arboricultural surveys, and producing associated reports, AIAs and AMSs
- Undertaking climbed surveys on occasion to inspect potential bat roosting features
- Provide general advice on arboricultural issues
- Contribute to the development of best practice with respect to training and survey standards, as appropriate
- Although based in London, some of your workload will take you to other parts of the UK.
What you have to Offer:
- Applicants should hold a FdSc Arb, BSc or PDArb in Arboriculture or higher in arboriculture or closely related field.
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspector Certificate;
- Professional member of the Arboricultural Association or the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- CS38: Accessing a Tree with Rope and Harness and Aerial Rescue
- Excellent commercial awareness and self-management skills
- Excellent reporting skills, with a proven track record in writing tree reports suitable for planning applications
- At least three years post qualification experience in private consultancy delivering a range of arboricultural and urban forestry services.
- BS 5837 2012 Tree Quality Surveys and the preparation of Arboricultural Impact Assessments / Arboricultural Method Statements
- The ability to communicate and work closely with local authority tree officers, planners, architects, ecologists and other professionals
- Excellent IT skills and a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCad are essential
- A sound understanding of health and safety related issues regarding site survey and supervision
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!