JOB TITLE- Senior Acoustics Consultant
My client has one of the world's largest Acoustics Teams, with 50 full time specialists in the UK alone. They undertake a wide range of environmental and building acoustics projects offering their clients technical support throughout a project lifecycle, from outline design and baseline surveys, through impact assessment during the detailed design and construction phases, to pre-completion testing and compliance monitoring.
The size of the current Acoustic Unit and the development of large scale monitoring requires the appointment of a senior consultant to deliver projects and help with business development in the north.
As a member of our Acoustics team you can expect to work on a wide range of interesting and challenging projects including some of the biggest projects in the UK. Recent and current clients include HS2, Rolls-Royce, DEFRA, Nestlé, Thames Water, Highways England and Shell.
You will be expected to work with both internal and external clients and you will see yourself leading the acoustic input, undertake measurements, data analysis, predictions and write reports on a range of projects.
You will be expected to develop and maintains relationships with both internal and external clients. Business Development.
The position will be based in our Leeds office focusing on the north; however there may be the need to visit sites and meetings across the UK and work away from home for short periods, including overseas.
We are looking for candidates who want to grow what is already the UKs largest acoustic consultancy.
The ideal candidate will already have a strong track record of working in acoustics and considerable experience of delivering complex acoustic projects across arrange of SNV technical areas.
You will have/ be:
* Excellent personal organization skills
* Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills.
* a proven ability to deliver client expectations to budget and timescale
* client facing and be able to communicate complex acoustic issues to non-technical people.
* expected to lead the acoustic input, undertake predictions and write reports on a range of projects.
* fully conversant with relevant standards and guidance, especially, CRN and CRTN, BS4142, BS5228, BS8233.
* Fully conversant with acoustic legislation relevant to Highways
* a good understanding and practical experience of environmental acoustics projects and the Environmental Impact Assessment process.
* proficient with a range of acoustics and noise mapping software such as Cadna A, Sound PLAN, plus CATT Insul, Bastian
* confident with a range of both acoustics and vibration measurement and analysis systems.
* demonstrate proven report writing skills , with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non technical audience.
* flexible and willing to undertake out of hours work on occasion and away from home for short periods of time.
* commercially aware with business development capability advantageous.
* can work in a team and direct and train junior staff
* willing to work with the latest technology to find market advantage and cost effective methods of processing and analsysing data and presenting it to a range of clients in usable format
* a high level of expertise in acoustic data analysis, model development and prediction
Preferred Qualifications A first degree (and preferably a post graduate qualification such as a Masters) in acoustics or relevant technical disciplines (e.g. Physics, Mechanical Engineering. Maths)
Chartered status or evidence of working towards this
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly or call Zoe Payne at Allen & York on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.