|Job Title:||Senior Applications Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
As Senior Applications Engineer you are responsible primarily for the delivery of small customer projects of typical value £5k-£100k that include aspects requiring bespoke engineering solutions.
You will also work closely with Project Management and internal development on major projects. In addition, the role requires tendering of new work and customer support.
- Develop detailed costs and technical solutions for new customer project tenders. Provide professional technical proposals to meet customer requirements
- Deliver smaller customer projects, working as key customer facing contact and taking responsibility for delivery against time and financial budgets, whilst working within a Project Managed team as technical lead to deliver larger scope projects and solutions
- Identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements
- Maintain existing customer relationships through ad-hoc customer support and remote or onsite assistance
- Identify opportunities for new business and escalating where appropriate
- Act as technical expert in appropriate products and services, being the "goto" source of expertise
- Working in collaboration with other engineering teams, take responsibility for the customer deployment capability of new products and services, ensuring that project delivery is an important factor in the development requirements
- Proactively share knowledge in a systematic way within the larger organization to grow know-how base and support a learning organization
- Typically BSc/BA in related STEM discipline or advanced degree or equivalent
- Proven capability to improve existing methods and approaches.
- Ideas generator and problem solver for new and practical solutions
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the UK and internationally
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office
- Experience in IP communications, specifically with the following technologies:
- Routing, Switching, and VPN for network design and problem solving.
- Cisco equipment configuration.
- Cloud product deployment.
- IPSec and VPN.
- Linux and Windows environment configuration.
- Virtualisation including VM Ware.