Job Advert Description
My client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy combining energy, climate change, and environmental expertise with strong IT and economics capability.They are now looking for an experienced Aquatic Ecologist to join their team in Manchester.
Their Water and Environment practice offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. They have a global reputation for their expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects.
- Providing high level technical advice and input into aquatic ecology investigations.
- Undertake, produce and technically review environmental assessments of various activities on aquatic ecology features.
- To work effectively with water companies, developers, design engineers, contractors, planners and other regulators to help achieve positive outcomes for projects.
- Lead a range of bids, including large and complex proposals, including development of bid methodology and presentation at interview.
- Managing several projects, or large tasks within projects, to quality, time, budget and customer satisfaction.
- Develop client relationships and follow-on work opportunities as they arise from existing work.
- Contribute to providing robust and innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Mentor more junior colleagues in all aspects of consultancy.
Key competencies and experience:
- Comprehensive understanding and recognition of aquatic ecology features, especially macroinvertebrates but ideally also including fish and macrophytes, with focus on the freshwater environment.
- Experience of taking the lead technically on complex aquatic ecology assessments such as used in flow and pollution investigations, Water Framework Directive assessments; appropriate assessments for HRA and significant infrastructure EcIAs.
- Understanding of habitat/ecosystem physical environment pressures in the freshwater environment (e.g. drought, pollution) and aquatic species' requirements.
- Experience of specifying, planning, risk-assessing and conducting safe field surveys in the freshwater environment.
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as Ecology, Biology or Zoology and ideally a postgraduate degree.
- Experience in supporting the preparation of proposals and tenders.
- Experience with GIS would be an advantage.
- A full UK driver's license.
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working skills together with strong communication skills and a close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment.
- Good appreciation of health and safety hazards and responsibilities in aquatic fieldwork.
- Good IT skills in commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!