My client is a well established multi discipline consultancy, that works across a number of sectors with a great range of clients.
We are looking for a Senior level individual to join the established team in the client's head office in the North West, to work on a range of projects in the hydro/aquatic ecology sector.
You will have a range of experience across the aquatic ecology sector, preferably within a recognised UK consultancy.
Although fieldwork skills will be required from time to time, this role will require solid report writing and project management experience to assist with major project across the country.
You will ideally have:
- A first degree in a relevant subject, such as Physical Sciences, Ecology or Biology and ideally a postgraduate degree
- Experience of taking the lead technically on complex hydro-ecological assessment such as used in Sustainability Reductions investigations; Water Framework Directive heavily modified waterbody mitigation assessments; appropriate assessments for HRA; significant infrastructure EIA
- Full membership of CIWEM or similar professional body
- Experience of planning and conducting field surveys, such as River Habitat Survey, River corridor Survey, hydraulic cross-section surveys, continuous water quality monitoring programmes, Phase 1 Habitat survey and providing mitigation recommendations
- Excellent report writing skills, including survey reports and Environmental Statement chapters
- A good understanding of the planning process, EIA and WFD compliance assessments
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
- Experience of water resource management and drought planning would also be an advantage
If you would like to hear more about the position please get in contact with Tom Herbert on 01202 888 986.
We look forward to receiving your application.