Senior Architectural/CAD Technician
C£25-28,000 per annum
An opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading property consultancies, honing your skills within the Architectural field on a broad range of exciting projects.
Our client is one of the largest commercial property advisers operating throughout the UK. They provide unrivaled multi-disciplinary commercial property advice and services to clients in the public and private sectors. This organisation has one of the strongest regional networks in the property sector providing a national outlook combined with local service and knowledge. They have continued to align themselves strategically to be as successful as possible, and as such are continuing to grow throughout their 11 UK offices.
The role of Senior Architectural Technician
As a Senior Architectural Technician you will work closely with the Building Consultancy Design Team whilst assisting departments within the firm. You will be involved in the preparation of drawings across a range of areas and projects as well as developing and expanding your existing technical knowledge and experience to successfully assist in the design and completion of projects on site.
Typical duties of the Senior Architectural Technician will include:
- Preparation of concept design proposals for client review.
- Drawing up alternative proposals for consideration and approval, as well as detailed furniture and space plans.
- Development of detailed design solutions through use of CAD to produce drawing packages suitable for Planning, Warrant, Tender and Construction phases.
- Be able to detail buildings to allow structural and services consultants to add their detail for tender and construction purposes.
- Liaise with main contractors and take responsibility for the delivery of projects on site.
- Work within tight timescales to ensure delivery of the project within the agreed building programme.
- Provide general drawing or plotting assistance to other members of the firm as may be required from time to time, and prepare drawings from sketches or verbal instructions from surveyors or others.
Requirements for the role of Senior Architectural Technician
In order to be consider for the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have the following knowledge/experience;
- Solid theoretical knowledge of drafting and building technology.
- Preparation of outline drawings, sketches and rough drafts to scale.
- Preparation of detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans of buildings, space allocation plans or furniture layout plans according to verbal instructions, sketches, specifications, or rough drafts provided by others.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and other design team members involved in a project.
- Strength and proficiency in using AutoCAD and other drafting software is essential.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), as well as a basic knowledge of Microsoft Project, is required.
- Good understanding and ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite is preferable.
- Familiarity with general forms of building construction and contracts.
- Good working knowledge and awareness of current Building Standards and Fire Safety regulations.
- Ability to work to deadlines on projects of differing complexity and requirements with minimal supervision.
- A keen eye for detail and understanding the project process and delivery.
- Build and maintain working relationships with clients, this may include being on site and assisting clients in the design and contract monitoring.
- Knowledge of REVIT desirable but not essential.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience preferably within private practice and can work in a team environment or on your own as appropriate. As a minimum you will have passed either the RIBA Part II examination or be qualified as an Architectural Technician or Technologist.
Think you have what it takes?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!