|Job Title:||Senior Bid Project Manager - Power T & D|
|Location:||Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£48000.00 - £52000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is leading global engineering and technology Services Company. They are currently seeking a Senior Bidding Manager to Support the Proposals Manager and Sales / Business Development team in the preparation of pre-qualification documentation and request for information submissions as required.
- Supporting the Proposals Manager and Sales / Business Development team in the preparation of pre-qualification documentation and request for information submissions as required.
- Review of invitation to tender and specifications to determine customer's requirements and understand the project drivers for all opportunities.
- Preparation of Bid No Bid documentation and obtaining authorisation to bid.
- Supporting the Proposals Manager/Sales in the formulation of a bid winning strategy with consideration to overall business targets / strategy.
- Manage the Capture Team to ensure all deliverables are produced in accordance with the tender programme through participation in tender co-ordination and review meetings etc.
- Attend customer pre-tender clarification meetings / presentations and undertake site visits where necessary to ensure the scope is fully clarified and understood.
- Produce the tender price calculation using approved Calculation Tools to reflect internal cost estimates, supplier / subcontractor prices and margins / recoveries in line with business targets.
- Ensure project / contractual risk is fully evaluated and mitigated within the tender proposals as required.
- Ensure cashflow / EVA is accurately modelled and appropriate terms of payment proposed to maximise returns.
- Ensure that the cost estimate is realistic, robust and competitive by:
- Ensuring all internal cost estimates are underwritten by the relevant functional head.
- Ensuring all external costs are supported by a competitive supplier / subcontractor fixed price and valid quotation.
- Ensuring the use of budgetary prices, prices from current projects or guesstimates are avoided wherever possible.
- Prepare tender approval pack including Calculation Sheet, Cashflow, Limits of Authorisation, Procurement Schedule, Risk Register etc and obtain management approval in accordance with current signature protocols.
- Prepare and compile proposal documentation ensuring that the proposal submission is of a high quality and compliant with customer requirements / instructions.
- Follow-up of tender submission in conjunction with Sales / Bus' Dev' to establish competitive position and compliance with customer requirements.
- Receive and respond to all customers requests for clarifications / amendments in a timely and professional manner including maintenance of Tender Questionnaire log.
- Lead the tender negotiation process / meetings / presentations with the customer with participation of the Proposals Manager / Sales / Bus' Dev' as required.
- Ensure all orders received are consistent with the tender offer and prepare necessary documentation for handover to Operations in a timely manner.
- Carry out lost order analysis in conjunction with the customer and CAM for all lost opportunities.
- Manage tender cost
- Other responsibilities;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal STDL / Siemens AG partners, external suppliers / subcontractors / consortium partners.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with customers representatives at all levels and remain customer focused at all times.
- Ensure management / S&M are fully informed of progress and key events / developments at all times throughout the tender process.
- Ensure all activities are conducted in a professional and ethical manner and in full compliance with company procedures, protocols, governance etc at all times.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all Siemens business excellence programmes including TOP+, etc and actively support / participate as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Siemens Projects business objectives and Strategic Goals and ensure they form the basis of business activities.
- Demonstrate a commitment and aptitude towards team working at all times.
Qualifications required for this role
- Experience of bidding/managing large scale projects in new plants or service business
- Successful experience in negotiating and closing contracts > £20 M and ability to build-up & develop new businesses in intercultural setting
- Willingness/ability to work in a highly dynamic and changeable business
- Working experience within the energy industry, in particular within the renewable energy.
- Knowledge of offshore industry
- Commercial know-how and calculation tools
- Experience of Project management, negotiation, contract management and risk assessment
- Experience of collaboration with internal/external partners worldwide and leadership experience in intercultural and cross-functional teams
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent