An exciting opportunity to join a team within the consulting division of the company, working with a very diverse client base which includes major brands and retailers across Europe representing the consumer goods, home electrical, appliance, food, and pharmaceutical sectors. Experience in all fields would be advantageous but not essential. Training will be provided.
The applicant will be in an existing business development or technical sales role, have a proven and successful track record, and be ready to join a dynamic and forward thinking sales team.
You will have primary responsibility for developing and growing the existing consulting business by targeting large brands, retailers, multinationals, and related entities across a wide range of industry sectors in the UK and Europe. The role has a high degree of responsibility and autonomy in developing business opportunities that provide high value to corporate clients and other organizations whom are interested in services related to consumer product safety in line with consulting services. You will be responsible for the development of new business and the expansion of existing business around Safety, Performance, and Quality consulting.
To meet the deliverables of the role, the main duties and responsibilities will be linked to sales and profit generation with other supporting KPI's.
- Promoting the key services delivered by the company Product Intelligence (PI) Consulting.
- Enhancing the development of key potential and existing customers through effective and progressive relationships.
- Deliver incremental sales and profit growth.
- Identify and pursue new strategic business opportunities through research, networking, and prospecting.
- Build cross functional and collaborative relationships with key areas of the business.
- Maintain a complete and updated status of all information relating to contacts, meetings and accounts, updating databases as appropriate.
- Attend exhibitions and sales conferences where applicable.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience and be well networked in the testing and/or FMCG industry, be articulate, an effective negotiator, be computer literate and used to working on their own initiatives. It will also be necessary to be a good team player with the ability to focus on achieving target driven results. Previous sales experience and management of key accounts is essential. Excellent communication skills and a current full driving licence are essential.
Domestic and European travel to clients, prospects, and company sites will account for a minimum of 60% of the working time (average of 3 days per week) and intermittent international travel may also be required.
Qualifications and Requirements for the Role
- Degree qualified
- Proven sales experience, within a multi-disciplinary organisation that offers technical business services. This includes a strong track record of progressive sales achievements.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within both company and client companies.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional backgrounds and at multiple levels through client interaction. A strong communicator (verbal and written) is absolutely critical to this role.
- A pedigree in Account Management either from scratch with new opportunities or through active engagement with existing clients.
- Enthusiasm and creativity.
- Resilience and positive attitude and approach.
- IT literate across Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- It is desirable that the applicant is well networked in the consumer product/retail industry, be articulate, an effective negotiator, and have the commercial edge to deliver closure and generate profitable revenue.