CDM Consultant / Senior CDM Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a CDM Consultant / Senior CDM Consultant to join our client, a Global Consultancy, for their office in the West Midlands.
As a member of the SEC Team you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client's key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients and the business operates.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge
- CDM operations and the ability to provide health and safety guidance and best practice to clients through all stages of their projects is essential.
Building strong relationships with our clients and other project stakeholders;
- Delivery of promised outcomes to clients;
- Service delivery to company standards
- Delivery of exemplar standard of Principal Designer role and CDM services to time and quality. This will include co-ordinating meetings, producing F10's, assisting with, Design Principals, reviewing design risk assessments, attendance and chairing design team meetings, reviewing relevant health and safety files, ensuring suitable arrangements for the coordination of health and safety measures during planning and preparation of the Construction Phase, providing guidance and support for other Duty Holders (Client specifically);
- Commercial contribution, maintaining target margins on commissions, cash collection etc.
- Business development capability to increase workload within the role of Principal Designer or Principal Design Assurance/Client Assurance
- Provision of advice on how to meet CDM Regulatory and relevant EHS requirements
- What You have to Offer:
- NEBOSH Diploma part 1 or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Certified Membership of the Association of Project Safety (CMaPS).
- 3+ years' experience
- A positive and dynamic person with experience of working in a consulting organisation providing a range of H&S/ CDM Services;
- Demanding of the highest standards and ability to lead by example;
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015
- Proven skills and competence in delivery of Principal Designer/H&S / CDM services to a varied Client base;
- Experience and an understanding of engineering and construction managements and methodologies associated with construction works on Commercial and Retail developments;
- Working knowledge of the Principals of Design;
- Experience of successfully managing CDM projects in excess of £10m involving multi- disciplinary design teams;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Technical expertise in health and safety services.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.