Senior CDM/H&S Consultant
Our client is a leading UK quantity surveying, project management, cost consultancy and health & safety practice who works with many blue-chip clients across variety of sectors. They are currently looking for a Senior CDM/H&S Consultant with a broad experience gained in a Construction health & safety consultancy environment, with excellent client facing skills and a strong technical health and safety background.
- Fulfilling the role as a professional and diligent Health and Safety/CDM advisor/Principal Designer.
- Engaging with clients on a face to face basis.
- Providing support and assistance with matters of Health & Safety including compliance with CDM 2015 regulations and other associated statutory legislation.
- Provide professional and pragmatic advice on Health and Safety issues.
- Provide regular reports to clients on Health & Safety matters relating to projects.
- Provide advice, direct support and guidance on construction safety matters.
- Assist in-house training on health and safety issues and risks.
- Undertake health and safety audits and provide reports and feedback.
- Undertake construction site inspections and provide reports and feedback.
- Monitors implementation & effectiveness of the Company Health and Safety Policy & Arrangements.
- Assist the development & support Health and Safety training.
Skills / Experience:
- Chartered Health & Safety level preferred but minimum Grad IOSH level.
- Communication & influencing skills at all levels within the organisation & externally.
- To be a proactive, engaging and competent team member.
- Undertake risk review workshops and design reviews.
- Provide health and safety training and presentations internally to staff and externally to clients and others.
- You can evidence managing, developing, implementing and co-ordinating a range of proactive Health and Safety initiatives.
- Acting in the role of CDM Co-ordinator or similar on projects which range from simple refurbishments to high end complicated construction projects.
- Ability where required to investigate Health and Safety accidents and incidents to ascertain root cause and develop mitigation action plans to eliminate the root cause / causes.
- Assist with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions if required.
- Develop and audit health and safety management systems.
- The candidate will require a minimum NEBOSH Diploma/Construction Certificate or equivalent with Chartered Membership to IOSH level membership (Although will consider GradIOSH working towards Chartered Status) and have CMaPS/IMaPS status with the Association for Project Safety.
The role is based at the London office but will include an element of travel.
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information, please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.