Senior Civil Engineer
Oxfordshire Office (Didcot)
My client are looking for an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join their growing team in the Oxford office.
Working on some varied and interesting projects you will lead from the front sharing your skills and views on a global aspect of civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application planning advice
- Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
- Minimum qualification - degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years' post-qualification experience in civil engineering design
- Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
- Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
- Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues, and / or check reports produced by others
- Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
If you are at a Senior level, working towards chartership or already chartered and are ready to join a rapidly growing team to offer support and guidance with a varied and interesting portfolio to work on and would like a full brief then please highlight your interest by applying to David at firstname.lastname@example.org.