|Job Title:||Senior Civil Engineer (Design) x2 (Cardiff and Bristol)|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Clare Vachell|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Civil Engineer (Design) Rail Stations Bristol/ Cardiff
Our client is a leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm. They are currently looking to develop their design team to be based in Bristol or Cardiff to accommodate the high volume of projects they are working on within Rail Stations.
Currently seeking a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to be based in either Cardiff or Bristol, to take on a key role within the Rail team in delivering design work, technical advice and leading small teams of graduates and technicians where appropriate. To manage projects (or components of projects) meeting budgetary, quality, safety and timeframe targets, while exceeding client expectations.
Position Description for Senior Civil Engineer (Design) Rail Stations
As a Senior Civil engineer in the Bristol or Cardiff office you will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Liaising with the Project Manager or Director and the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the project
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Providing direction and technical advice to project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H&S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
Required experience of the Senior Civil Engineer (Design) Rail Stations
As a Senior Civil Engineer in the Bristol or Cardiff office you will be:
- Educated to a degree level in either Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- A Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE). Consideration will be given to those approaching Chartered status
- Passionate about engineering excellence
You will have:
- Post graduate qualifications (advantage but not essential)
- Considerable post-graduate experience, including delivering aspects of a project of significant scale, application of standards
- Rail experience (essential) with a focus on rail stations/ platforms/ footbridge design
- Experience of delivering Design and Build projects (desirable)
- Steel design experience (desirable) Experience of leading a team together with good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- Desire to grasp new business opportunities, such as BIM, and utilise modern computer techniques in your day-to-day work
- Hands-on design experience and use of industry software
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits package reflecting the seniority of the role plus the opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging role with opportunities to develop personally. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom of initiatives.
Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.