|Job Title:||Senior Civil Engineer – Drainage & Flood Risk|
|Contact Name:||James Pearson|
|Job Published:||14 days ago|
Allen & York are happy to be working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Senior Civil/Environmental Engineer experienced in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management.
The successful person will become part of a highly respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
This position will include working on major projects for Local Authorities, London Boroughs, Water Companies, Network Rail, Highways England and other Infrastructure clients.
Requirement to work within other disciplines within the group to deliver project for major infrastructure clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out and coordinating Surface water drainage design
- Carrying out and coordinating detailed design of flood risk management solutions
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Liaising with clients, hydraulic modellers, architects and other design team members
- Technical and business case reporting
- Assisting with project management and multi-disciplinary design coordination
- Civil Engineering or earth science (with a flood risk specialism) degree
- Approaching MICE, or similar, status
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designers responsibilities under CDM
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management
- Experience in the design and appraisal of structural and non-structural flood mitigation measures
- Contract and specification preparation
- Proven ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of design solutions
- Experience in preparing business cases for flood risk management schemes
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
- Proven track record of presentation to an audience of varying technical capabilities (public, clients, technical specialists etc)
- Construction related experience
- Experience of urban drainage design;
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling packages used for mitigation option appraisal;
- Experience of GIS software
- Preparation of Project Appraisal Reports to Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management (FCERM) guidance processes