Senior Civil Engineer - South East
6Month+ Contract position
Our client, a global engineering, procurement, construction and consulting company specialising in infrastructure development, is recruiting a Chartered Civil Engineer to join their Water Services team.
The team consults, delivers and manages infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector.
The candidate for this role should have an aspiration to develop expertise in a technical career, and have experience in the appraisal and design of civil infrastructure schemes.
There will be an opportunity to work on the largest inland flood risk management scheme in the UK within a co-located team interacting directly with the client and working closely with some of the UK's leading experts in flood risk management.
The ability to travel to Client offices and project sites is essential.
- Deliver packages of work within budget and to programme to meet the Client's requirements
- Understand project scope and identify contractual change
- Understand the customer's basic and performance needs
- Undertake feasibility assessments, optioneering, outline and detailed design
- Balance the priorities of multiple projects
- Assess the technical risk of projects
- Supervise assistant engineers on assigned tasks
- Provide clear and concise deliverables appropriate for the intended audience
- Cooperate with the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and Regional Delivery Director
The role is suitable for a recently Chartered Civil Engineer (preferably through the ICE, though CIWEM would be considered) who is looking for a fresh challenge in a dynamic environment. You should possess and be able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Water & Environmental Management
- Good grades at A-Levels in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) subjects and/or Geography
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of internal professionals, and third party asset owners, stakeholders, technical officers and contractors
- Motivated to work on flood and coastal risk management and water projects, experience is preferable
- Experience of working on projects at appraisal, outline design, detailed design and constructions stages is preferable
- Experience of producing flood risk assessments would be advantageous
- Understand the importance of budget and programme control
- Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to design, plan and organise tasks
- Collaborative individual that helps to build strong effective teams
- Ability to liaise with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business
- Ability to effectively present technical solutions to a wide range of audiences in a variety of means
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high level of computer literacy - knowledge and ability to use AutoCad and GIS would be advantageous