Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer to join our Client, a design and engineering company, helping develop the infrastructure capability of a growing Civil and Structural department.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD and will be keen to mentor graduate engineers / technicians in both technical design aspects and BIM software integration.
- Undertake all aspects of infrastructure design work on a range of project sizes across the following sectors: Aviation, Public Sector, Rail and Power.
- Keep up to date with drainage design trends / customer awareness / design techniques.
- Review specialist subcontractor's supplier's production drawings for technical compliance with design intent.
- Carry out technical design reviews/critiques of projects in progress.
- Represent our Client in external project technical meetings and site visits if required.
Qualifications and Training:
- HNC/ HND Civil Engineering and / or recognised Engineering Degree.
- Professional membership of an appropriate body (CIHT, ICE, IHE etc.) would be beneficial.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- A thorough understanding of earthworks design, below ground foul and surface water drainage design, pavement design, external works and 3D underground services co-ordination is required.
- Technically competent in all aspects of Infrastructure design and co-ordination.
- Ideally the candidate will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Storm, foul and process drainage network design.
- Attenuation solutions and / or specification.
- Planning, designing and implementing SUDS.
- Ground level modelling and underground services coordination using Civils 3D.
- Flexible and rigid pavement design.
- Independent liaison with statutory authorities.
- Undertaking Private and Public Highways (S38), Adoptable Public Sewers (S104) and Highway Improvement Works (S278) agreements.
- Project delivery within some of the sectors we operate within.
- Full understanding and delivery of assurance/sign off requirements.
- Up to date with adoptable standards and practices.
- Proven track record of exceptional project delivery and client satisfaction.
- Experience of using Bentley MicroStation and Revit would be beneficial.
- Exceptional communication skills both; written and spoken.
- Excellent IT skills.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.