|Job Title:||Senior Civil/Drainage Engineer|
|Salary:||£32000 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Senior Civil/Drainage Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly desirable multi discipline consultancy with a strong presence throughout the world. With varying high profile projects and a a reputation of quality this would be an excellent career move for you should have meet the requirements below.
- We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Civil / Drainage Engineer to work within our Civil & Structures team based in Peterborough.
- You will be part of a design team responsible for the technical development and management of design projects.
- You will also provide specialist support and advice as required to other offices and Business Lines' projects from time to time.
- You will provide technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to graduate engineers and CAD technicians.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of designs for civil/drainage schemes, from initial feasibility, concept through to detailed design.
- Production of design calculations, checking and reviewing of calculations prepared by others.
- Producing sketch drawings for CAD drawing by others, checking and reviewing prior to issue.
- Preparation of specifications, and assistance with preparation of Bill of Quantities and Contract Documents for construction projects.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to graduate engineers and CAD technicians.
- Provide internal team Project Management on projects as required acting as the client/design team interface and co-ordination with others.
- Other Duties:
- Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
Qualifications and Experience
- You will have proven knowledge and experience in civil engineering and drainage and provide specialist technical advice to a number of projects as required across the business.
- Proven technical track record and ability with previous engineering and design team experience as a Senior Engineer
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering
- Substantial relevant experience
- Strong communication skills
- Competent in the use of Micro Drainage software.
- Experience of SUDS.
- Experience of pumped drainage systems.
- Experience of surcharged outfalls.
- Public health design.
- Trade effluent design (experience of industrial / heavy industrial sites in particular would be advantageous)
- Chartered (or close to achieving chartered engineer status) with ICE or equivalent professional institution