My client - one of the worlds leading environmental and engineering consultancies - is looking for a Senior Permitting and Compliance Consultant to join the company and be based in Belgium (office location is flexible).
My client holds a strong position in the market and is growing steadily. Due to this continued growth, they require someone to provide strategic environmental advice to clients, to assist with the implementation of auditing and to contribute to business development. Moreover, you will be required to coordinate environmental permits and planning permits.
As such, suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- a relevant environmental degree and preferably a second degree in a relevant discipline
- a background or qualification in the financial sector would be of particular interest
- at least ten years' experience either in consultancy or industry
- an internal and preferably external auditing qualification
- strong project management skills
- experience of working with ISO14001, ISO50001 and OHSAS18001, and conducting audits of these
- experience of putting together complex environmental permits and planning permits
- strong communication skills (you will be required to report in English, French and Dutch) so you must be able to write and speak fluently in all three languages
- experience mentoring or managing more junior team would be of interest
- you will be happy to travel as and when required on short term assignments