Our client provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. They have a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites. Electrification, automation and digitalization are key growth areas for this global company.
The role of Senior Configuration Engineer (Traffic Solutions) located in either Poole, Ashby or Enfield, sits within the engineering team, delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally. They are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems.
The main purpose of this role is to create detailed specifications for the configuration of products to suit customer requirements. Working with other configuration engineers and technical specialists you will deliver configurations for a range of customers but primarily TfL as part of the TCMS2 contract.
This role may also have line management responsibility for Configuration Engineers. We will consider applications for anyone wanting to be based in Enfield, Ashby or Poole.
What are my responsibilities?
- To follow Company and departmental processes.
- Accurately interpret customer requirements
- Liaise with customers and other internal teams including Field Services
- Manage your own workload
- Be responsible for the scheduling and prioritisation of all controller configurations for TCMS2
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Qualifications in a relevant STEM subject is preferable but not essential
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
- Ability to solve complex traffic engineering problems
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- To have detailed knowledge of traffic engineering principles including operation of traffic signal controlled intersections.
- Have experience of completing Factory Acceptance Testing with customers
We look forward to receiving your application