|Job Title:||Senior Consultant - Contaminated Land|
|Location:||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Senior Contaminated Land Consultant
Johannesburg, South Africa
ALLEN & YORK are working with a major global multi-disciplinary consultancy in their recruitment drive for an experienced Contaminated Land professional. This vacancy has arisen due to continued growth of the Environment team and is an exciting time to join this organisation.
Main responsibilities of the Contaminated Land Consultant
- You will project manage a range of assignments.
- Provide written reports to review both on a technical and commercial level.
- You will actively seek commercial opportunities to develop new business (clients and markets)
- Proposal/tender writing and reviewing.
- Commercial awareness
- Experience in a geo-environmental role applying contaminated land, risk assessment and liability principles, within a consultancy context
- Client management skills with proven ability in developing and maintaining client contacts
- Knowledge of preliminary risk assessments, intrusive investigation design & management, quantitative risk assessments (ground gas risk, human health & controlled-waters)
- Experience of remedial appraisals, remedial design, supervision & verification
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice
- Experience in delivering geo-environmental services to a range of client markets and for a range of projects types (incl. due diligence, planning, site decommissioning, land remediation, construction, lease and permit surrender)
Education & Qualifications
- A degree of Geotechnical experience and awareness
- Chartered status or significant progress towards this in a related professional organisation
- Past supervisory / line management experience
Competitive Salary and benefits are available at this leading organisation. If you would like more information, please contact Lisa Newman.
We look forward to receiving your application.