My client who who work in the Ecology and Arboriculture sector are seeking an enthusiastic senior arboriculturist for their busy consultancy practice in Essex. They are a small, friendly business and you will have the chance to make your mark alongside a small arboricultural team, within a very supportive working environment.
The role would suit those who have some experience of working for a consultancy practice. On offer is a competitive salary and flexible working. Training will be provided and the company strongly supports continuing professional development. You will be provided with a company laptop and mobile phone, and have use of company pool vans during working hours.
The position will involve:
- Providing arboricultural consultancy primarily, but not exclusively, to trees in relation to construction and, in support of planning applications.
- Managing consultant level staff.
- Identification of new working opportunities and clients.
- At least five years’ experience, including recent experience in a private practice.
- An arboricultural degree or professional diploma in Arboriculture (Level 6).
- Professional member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters MICF, or;
- Professional member of the Arboricultural Association.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Possession of full current UK driving license.
- Experienced in producing fee quotes for arboricultural services.
- Excellent attention to details to ensure accurate data recording skills.
- Excellent report writing skills, suitable for a range of end users.
- Capable of working without supervision and under own initiative.
- Excellent tree identification and hazard assessment skills.
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- IT literate, to include Microsoft office applications, and tree software applications such as Keytree.
- Experience of AutoCAD useful but not essential as training will be given.
- Experience in or willingness to actively source new work opportunities, clients and tender opportunities.
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior team members.