|Job Title:||Senior Consultant - Conflict and Security|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Do you have a great deal of experience and passion for driving forward economic and social change using security, violence and conflict mitigation?
Have you got experience working in fragile and complex scenarios, particularly in areas of conflict within the international arena?
Our client is a well-respected and internationally renowned organisation that provides ways and means to create stability, social and economic change in many different parts of the world.
About the Job
The role will be responsible for:
• Continuing to grow and promote the profile and reputation of the organisation.
• Reviewing client issues and establishing positive resolutions to key issues.
• Advise on key policy and give technical expertise on related programmes and systems.
• Develop proposals for relevant projects, including:
o Suggestions for implementation of policies
o Analytical evaluation of projects
o Actual delivery of projects and programmes.
The role will be responsible for developing clients and portfolios across the globe.
It is essential that successful candidates have:
• A relevant post graduate degree related to conflict studies, economics, international development and politics.
• Demonstrable proof of writing proposals, giving guidance and implementing programmes.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of security, violence and conflict mitigation
• Previous experience of project management from inception to completion.
• Team leader and project management experience including multicultural teams.
• Attention to detail, in order to complete projects with distinction
• Good time management skills.
• A library of contacts in various countries to help your influence in conflict zones and politically sensitive areas.
• Previous consultancy experience with government or policy groups
• Ability to travel to different countries across the world in order to develop projects and implement systems and programmes
Ideally candidates will have:
• Previous experience of using both qualitative and quantitative methods in order to develop project proposals and programmes.
• Language skills, particularly French or Arabic
• Enthusiasm and Flexibility
If you would like further details then please contact Chris Saunby. We look forward to hearing from you soon.