Our clients Finance Group in the UK consisting of over 150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world's leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure.
They provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Energy & Utilities in the UK.
This advice ranges from the strategic thinking and advice to companies and investors to enable private capital to fund infrastructure to the detailed technical skills required at financial close.
Increasingly they are also working on mandates that require 'infratech' elements that help clients take advantage of automation and other emerging technologies to drive value in their businesses.
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness sand business development opportunities
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Leading and executing strategic reviews and analysis
- Developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures
- Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Maintain a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors.
- A Degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Mathematics or similar;
- Have 2-3yrs + number of years of experience in the strategy space, ideally with experience of applying this to the energy sector preferably linked to the technology industries or a consultant specialising in these sectors;
- Have a sound knowledge of corporate strategy and investment decision making;
- Understand how more generic technologies such as AI, automation can impact businesses and how they can be successfully implemented;
- Have experience or understanding of energy policy and economic regulation
- Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Be skilled in strategic and financial analysis;
- Bring an inquisitive mind-set and be comfortable challenging the status quo;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role;
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to financial or economic problems of moderate complexity;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.
- Knowledge and experience of other similar sectors such as telecoms or energy services would be a bonus as would language skills.