Our client is a global consulting and engineering firm. Their in-depth expertise extends across the fields of energy, industry, transportation, water, environment and property.
Their energy practice is the leading provider of strategic, commercial, regulatory and policy advice to Europe's energy markets.
They are actively seeking an exceptional regulatory and policy expert to join our expanding team of energy experts as a Senior Consultant.
The candidate will work within international, multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of consultancy engagements and some international travel will be required.
This team offers valuation and transaction services as well as market analysis and policy advice for lenders and owners.
The ideal candidate will be an expert in UK and/or other European gas and electricity wholesale market arrangements, have experience of energy policy formation and analysis and regulation of utilities, network businesses and industry codes. You will have experience of working in a European regulatory/policy environment and have a good understanding of the European models for both gas and electricity.
- An economics, mathematics or energy related degree (BSc, MSc or PhD);
- An excellent understanding of the legislative background, economic theories and concepts that apply to the operation, regulation and policy formation for the gas and electricity markets across Europe;
- A high level of numeracy;
- Excellent written English with good report writing and presentation skills; and
- A keen attention to detail.