Allen & York are proud to be working exclusively with one of the UK's top contaminated land teams.
This vacancy is for a Senior Consultant to deliver and project manage contaminated land assessment and remediation projects based in our client's London Office. This is a full time, permanent (40 hours per week) position and will be part of our Decommissioning and Restoration practice. The successful applicant will work with our clients bringing technical know-how to the successful delivery of projects in London and our two other main offices in Bristol and Leeds.
Depending on candidate suitability and preferences there is also scope to deliver project work both in the UK and overseas.
Core Responsibilities will include the following:
* Management and delivery of contaminated land assessment and remediation projects including: delivery of desk studies, site investigation, risk assessments, remediation options appraisals, remedial design and verification;
* Data management: review and interpretation;
* Field work including managing contractors on site;
* Managing project health and safety on site including preparation of project HSSE plans and method statements;
* Compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures;
* Delivery of detailed quantitative risk assessments including controlled waters and/or human health.
* Business development and winning work (with support) including prospect identification and proposal generation.
* Experience of delivering contaminated land assessment and remediation projects on sites in the UK.
* Proven ability to write high quality technical reports and manage this process.
* Presenting, analysing and interpreting data.
* Demonstrable project management experience, with NEC contract management experience desirable.
* Ability to manage HSSE aspects of site work and to lead the HSSE culture of a project.
* Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors.
* Working knowledge of Eurocodes, UK and international standards desirable.
* Post graduate qualifications in a relevant subject (e.g. Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, Geo-Environmental or Environmental Science).
* Evidence of continuing professional development, including Chartership desirable (or working towards this).
* A willingness to travel, stay away from home and undertake site based work.
This position would suit applicants in the middle stages of their career, with relevant professional experience, who are willing to undertake a demanding role often on a fast-track project schedule, to build on their post graduate experience and with a view to developing their career within the field of geo-environmental consultancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual looking to join one of the UK's top teams, and looking for the chance to input into bleeding edge remediation projects in the UK and overseas.