Allen & York are recruiting a Sernior Consultant (Smart Energy) for an international company specialise in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification to join their Energy team in Dubai office
Local Unit & Position Description
The role will involve working within the Smart Energy Advisory team which is a recently established section within Operational Excellence (OPE) in the NEMEA region. The team supports a range of clients - utilities, developers, investors and government - in developing and assuring a complex and interconnected energy infrastructure. Key to this is the evolution of new business models and technologies providing flexibility services and value to the multi-vector energy markets. This requires a range of technical advisory and due diligence activities; a good understanding of regulatory and market arrangements; and innovative support and development for clients.
- project management of client deliverables
- project delivery as subject matter expert - which could include data analysis, technical due diligence, modelling, report writing, presentations etc.
- building strong relationships with external customers - gathering and following through new leads to clear proposals and contractual agreement
- building strong networks with colleagues and industry stakeholders to build and share competence
- provision of professional guidance and leadership inside/outside the company
- tracking and responding to new industry/market developments
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of projects within the smart energy arena
- Demonstrable client project deliverables
- Target chargeability - 70%
- Demonstrably proactive in identifying smart energy market issues and opportunities
- Existing industry contacts and relationships
- Dynamic and enthusiastic team player - co-operates will with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; and supports others in pursuit of team goals.
- Analysis and judgement - quickly understands and analyses problems and complex issues, and provides sound and rational judgements. Demonstrates methodical and systematic approach, plans ahead and prioritises resources effectively.
- Effective Communication - communicates complex themes in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; and presents respectfully and effectively both internally to company's colleagues and externally to clients
- Networking - builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilises it to achieve target objectives
- Delivery and Results - completes tasks in accordance with expectations and schedule and with strong attention to details, understanding task urgency; drives ideas to implementation and execution in a timely manner, is willing to periodically work longer hours when the situation demands it
- Work Ethic - identifies with the Company's principles, vision and values
- Degree and working background in engineering (must)
- Knowledge/prior involvement in the energy storage systems (must)
- Understanding of technical/regulatory and market/economic aspects transmission and distribution systems, and associated network connection, management and control activities (must)