Senior Consultant - Water Policy
My client is seeking a Consultant (at least 7 years' professional experience of which at least 5 must be connected with EU water policy or its implementation - preferably the WFD or FD) to support a team of experts at the company charged with securing a significant proportion of the work to be let under the above-mentioned framework contracts over the next 4 years. Your particular expertise should cover at least some of the following aspects of WFD and FD implementation (preferably in the areas of monitoring and assessment and pressures and measures).
As a Senior Consultant in Water Policy, you will have extensive knowledge of:
- Monitoring and assessment of ecological status of surface waters;
- Monitoring and assessment of chemical status of surface waters;
- Monitoring and assessment of groundwater quantitative status;
- Monitoring and assessment of groundwater chemical status;
- Pressures and measures related to agriculture (including pollution and quantitative issues);
- Pressures and measures related to chemical pollution;
- Overall design of Programmes of Measures under the Water Framework Directive
- Flood risk identification;
- Flood risk assessment (including mapping);
- Flood risk response (prevention, protection, preparedness);
- Adaptation to climate change.
As the UK transitions from the EU water policy landscape to one tailored specifically to the future needs of the UK, your expertise and experience will prove invaluable the business' clients as they seek to help frame, and support the implementation of, future UK water policy.
The role is based in the Catchment Management team that provides catchment management planning and evaluation services to the UK Water Industry and its environmental regulators in addition to the water policy services provided to the European Commission. Your expertise and experience will complement these offerings such that you can make technical contributions to projects for these clients as well.