Great opportunity to join a leading Engineering and Design Consultancy as a Principal Design Engineer within their civil and structural design team based in their York offices, focussing on rail projects. As well as having a notable list of project wins and impressive portfolio of works, many of them high profile around the UK, this is a fulfilling role with a prominent organisation who are forward thinking and progressive.
About the role:
- Involvement in the delivery of rail structural and civil engineering projects including planning, design, budgets, time frame and quality.
- Working closely with clients and understanding their requirements.
- Collaboratively working with internal teams and promoting all disciplines within the organisation.
- Working with NWR and Contractors on GRIP 2 to 8 phases of infrastructure projects.
- Solid experience as Design Engineer with emphasis on rail projects.
- Strong understanding of NWR Grip phases.
- Designed and worked with complex technical projects and finding solutions to meet client needs.
- Familiar with British Standards
- Team management and leadership skills, including motivation and coaching of junior/graduate staff.
- MEng / MSc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Working towards or Chartered professional
- Membership with ICE or IStructE
If you are a talented Design Engineer looking for a progressive organisation where there is unending scope to work on high profile projects please get in contact!