|Job Title:||Senior Development Surveyor|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Senior Development Surveyor - London
£35,000 - £45,000 per annum
An opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading property consultancies, using your expertise to advise public and private clients on how to achieve their aims, whilst at the same time ensuring that their strategy moves forward in both a realistic and responsible manner.
Our client is one of the largest commercial property advisers operating throughout the UK. They provide unrivaled multi-disciplinary commercial property advice and services to clients in the public and private sectors. This organisation has one of the strongest regional networks in the property sector providing a national outlook combined with local service and knowledge. They have continued to align themselves strategically to be as successful as possible, and as such are continuing to grow throughout their 11 UK offices.
The Role of Senior Development Surveyor
Within the London based Development Team there is an opportunity for an experienced Surveyor to assist in providing clear direction and development consultancy advice, guiding public and private sector clients through the asset evolution process. You will be involved in both policy making and in development projects from conception through to delivery.
Your main responsibilities in the role of Senior Development Surveyor will include;
- Undertaking appraisals of development sites
- Undertaking/assisting with Red Book valuations
- Assisting in providing strategic advice on delivery structures including development agreements and joint ventures
- Advising Local Authorities, developers and landowners on Affordable Housing and S106 Viability Assessments submitted with planning applications
- Providing advice, appraisals and reports to Local Authorities in support of proposed policies including CIL, Affordable Housing and Site Briefs
- Providing advice on a wide range of areas including the disposal/acquisition of access rights for major new developments, to the sale of single plot housing sites. This may include pre-acquisition/ pre-disposal advice.
- Advising on restrictive covenants, easements and related issues
- Preparing formal reports and valuations endorsing the terms of sale/purchase.
- Liaison with Homes & Communities Agency, Local Authorities, developers, landowners and the general public
Is the role of Associate Surveyor for you?
If you have the following skills and experience, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to step up and work with one of the UK's leading organisations in the industry;
- MRICS status
- Approx. 2-3 years post qualification experience
- Experience of valuation and/or development appraisal, development advisory, legal agreements, acquisition and disposal work
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Numerate and analytical
- Experience of residual appraisals and cashflows
- Knowledge of affordable housing
- Strong influencing, persuading and negotiation skills
- An eye for business development and client relationship management
- Ideally will be a RICS Registered Valuer
Think you have what it takes?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!