|Job Title:||Senior Due Diligence Engineer- Wind|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Senior Due Diligence Engineer- Wind
One of the biggest providers of classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries is looking for a Senior Due Diligence Engineer for their Onshore Wind team in Ireland.
This Client operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals with a heritage of 100 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
- The role is technical in nature and would suit someone looking for a commercial and customer facing role.
- The role will involve providing technical consulting services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of renewable energy projects, including technical due diligence to investors and lenders as well as lenders and owners engineering support.
- While currently the role would be focussed on the onshore wind market, there will be opportunity to be involved in both offshore wind and solar.
- Work on due diligence projects, including reviewing of documentation relating to wind conditions, turbine suitability, ground conditions, planning and construction.
- Contract review work including review of clauses, technical specification and the allocation of risk to relevant parties.
- Be involved with contract negotiation alongside the customer’s legal team.
- Review the financial model for projects including revenue assumptions, capital costs and operations costs.
- After an initial period of learning, progress to managing due diligence projects.
- Support the continuous improvement of the business through the development of tools and processes.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
- The project work is often fast paced with tight timeframes.
- The candidate must be willing to work with complex tasks under such deadline pressure, and be comfortable in managing workflow to deliver work on time (working with line manager and other team members to allocate work effectively).
- Financial (budgetary control etc.)
- Pre-agreed authorisation levels for contracts, purchases and other commitments will be standard according to staff grade.
- Managing a range of project sizes, from the due diligence of single turbine sites to the due diligence of multi-project portfolios (contracts up to £300,000)
- Provision of professional technical due diligence reports to a very high standard, suitable for investors and lenders. A key part of this is the provision of commercial judgements to technical risks and issues, often under significant time pressure.
- Producing proposals for work.
- Eventually presenting work to customers, with sufficient technical understanding to deal with Q&A sessions with limited support.
- Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications Required
- Experience in the renewables industry in a technical consulting, developer or financing capacity.
- An appropriate degree/higher degree in an engineering or relevant subject.
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English.
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex tasks to tight timelines.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Previous experience in performing due diligence activities.
- Good understanding of wind energy and previous experience in wind lender and owners engineer activities
- Understanding of standard contract forms in construction, in particular for renewable energy projects
- Understanding of Irish planning as applied to onshore wind
- Good understanding of project finance structures and the financial models for wind farm projects
- Professional Expertise - demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area; participates in continuous professional development.
- Networking - builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilises it to achieve objectives.
- Initiative & Responsibility - acts on own initiative, makes things happen and accepts responsibility for the results.
- Business Development - identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability.
- Effective Communication - communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
- Systematic Approach - uses a methodical and systematic approach; plans ahead, defines clear priorities and allocates resources effectively.
- Analysis & Judgement - quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgements.
- Work with the Commercial Onshore team to promote and deliver due diligence for lenders, investors and owners through the development, construction and operation of onshore wind farms.
- Regular site visits across Ireland and occasionally to the UK will be required, these may require the occasional need for overnight stays.
- Occasional international travel may be required from time to time, including for supporting projects in other markets.
We look forward to receiving your application.
- Senior Due Diligence Engineer for their Onshore Wind team in Ireland.