Senior Ecologist - Kent
My client is a well-established environmental consultancy with a strong track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to a wide range of clients, including developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries.
Due to their ongoing success in this area, they have a vacancy for a Senior Ecological Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
- To manage the delivery of key ecology contracts and provide consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment.
- Managing the delivery of project work for key contracts, this will involve managing the deployment of resource and equipment.
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 habitat and EcoCheck surveys as well as protected species surveys and mitigation and more demanding ecological work.
- Leading and writing ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis and report writing.
- Carrying out sales activities, including attending sales meetings, to meet team sales targets.
- Work with the Ecology Director on sales initiatives to develop business with existing clients and to grow the ecology business with new clients.
- Instructing and co-ordinating subcontractors and technical experts, both internal and external.
- Preparing specifications, reviewing and managing delivery of work completed by ADAS staff and subcontractors.
Successful candidates will:
- Manage client contracts and the delivery of work on key contracts.
- Lead and efficiently undertake a range of ecological surveys and report writing common to development projects ensuring that work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Lead and write ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments and guiding others in this, to ensure that legislative guidelines are met.
- Preferably have a good knowledge and experience of freshwater ecology.
- Train junior ecologists to improve their skills and accurately quality control their work to ensure it meets CIEEM and other applicable standards.
- Writing proposals, assisting with larger tenders, approaching new clients and undertaking sales meetings.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Derogation licence holder for at least one European Protected Species.
- Relevant degree in ecology.
- Desirable - Chartered membership to CIEEM or the Society for the Environment.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary in the range of £30,370 to £33,744
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- Regular training and career development
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!