A Senior level opportunity with one of the nation's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies with a focus on providing a high quality service.
This consultancy is currently looking to expand their growing business to acknowledge their increasing client relations. They are aiming to build upon their well established and experienced team, to continue to succeed in their national involvement.
Role of the Senior Ecologist
This is an excellent opportunity for a current Senior Ecologist or aspiring Ecologist looking for their next step in their career path with a progressive and experience team.
If you are an outstanding professional ecologist who is ready to progress and gain a wide range of in-depth experience, this is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities of a Senior Ecologist
You will be responsible for managing and mentoring junior members of the ecology team, organising and undertaking a variety of ecological surveys, delivery of the companies ecological services and reviewing of reports, all while working in accordance with CIEEM Professional Code of Conduct. Included your role will involve business generation and promotion to potential new clients while continuing to build/maintain relationships with clients.
You will have
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- Proven technical competence with bats.
- Experience in surveys for other protected species.
- Undertaking habitat surveys (extended Phase 1, NVC etc.) would be advantageous.
- Scoping and Project Management of a range of medium to large-scale projects;
- Authored both Ecological Technical Appendices and Ecological Chapters.
- Good written communication and report writing within framework of UK legislation and guidance.
- Degree level educated and ideally a full CIEEM member.
- Accurate record-keeping and good project and budgetary management skills are fundamental.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to advise clients on technical issues both strategic and in detail when required.
You will be offered a very competitive salary, generous benefits package and commitment to your continuing professional development and the opportunity to work as part of an enthusiastic and experienced team of professionals.
For a confidential talk about the Senior Ecologist position, please call Natalie Furbank on 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.