|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Are you a Senior Ecologist with experience in planning policy and infrastructure projects looking to make a positive and lasting impact in the South East? From developing the connected transport networks of the future and driving sustainable business growth, to innovative waste management and ambitious urban regeneration, the future of Buckinghamshire's environment and infrastructure is in your hands.
- Ability to provide expert ecological advice in response to planning consultations; includes County and District Planning Departments and other bodies on matters and policies affecting the County's natural environment.
- Provide expert advice regarding the impact of major infrastructure projects Coordinated with other teams
- Recommend appropriate mitigation or compensation
- Act expert witness at Planning Appeals and Public Inquiries regarding ecological and associated issues.
- Planning and overseeing ecological surveys, assessments, and audits
- Research on current issues, developments, good practice and legislation changes which impact on the natural environment.
- Good ICT skills, including GIS and environmental recording database
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills.
- Knowledge of the terrestrial ecology, habitats and species of lowland England
- Knowledge of Environmental Records and Biodiversity Action Plan.
- Knowledge of legislation and policy relating to habitats and species with particular reference to their treatment within the planning system and environmental assessment.
If you are determined to make this become a more agile, commercial and digitally-focussed organisation in return you can be offered, in return good benefits; from a competitive salary, a good work-life balance, flexible working, discounted public transport and sports centre membership.
Please contact Amy James at Allen and York to discuss the role in greater detail.