My client is a fast growing environmental consultancy, specialising in Ecology, Landscape Architecture and Ecology.They have offices based throughout the South and the Midlands.They are looking for Principal Ecologist to lead and manage on projects and coordinate a team.
You would be involved with undertaking and managing ecological impact assessment work in a range of sectors, undertaking surveys, liaising with clients, as well as managing and help mentor other team members.
You will be required to have a bat licence or working towards other licences as part of your role is desirable.
You will have:
- 3 years of consultancy experience within Ecology/EIA
- Knowledge of EIA in relation to residential, mixed use and renewable energy schemes
- Excellent academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent survey skills (extended Phase I, plus a specialism in either botany or a protected species)
- Excellent understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation
- Experience liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs.
- Bat License, with experience.
The client offers a unique company set up:
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- A great working environment with an enthusiastic, friendly and growing team
- A wide range of clients and projects
- Excellent career prospects and training
For an initial discussion please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.