I am currently working with a small, dynamic and expanding environmental consultancy based in Brighton.
They work in variety of sectors including residential, commercial, education and renewable energy developments, transport infrastructure and local development planning.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for a skilled senior ecologist looking for their next challenge…
They are seeking a well-qualified and experienced individual to join in their ambitious growth and development plans. The role will lead the implementation of a busy field work schedule and include mentoring the development of junior staff.
You will have a successful track record of delivering high quality technical work and written reports. You will possess excellent field skills, personal and project management skills, and be increasingly involved with client liaison, opportunity identification and bid preparation.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related discipline
- An MSc or PhD in a relevant subject would be highly beneficial
- Strong experience in a range of ecological surveys including habitat surveys and protected species surveys using a wide variety of techniques
- Extensive experience in producing high quality technical outputs, including Phase 1 reports, PEAs, protected species survey reports, ecological mitigation/enhancement plans, etc
- You will hold Natural England survey licences for at least two species/groups
- Membership/Chartership within the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or similar professional institute is essential
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through written communication
- A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role as is the flexibility to work away on site when required
- Experience in successfully obtaining European Protection Species Mitigation (EPSM) licences would be highly desirable
- Experience in drafting EPSM applications would be advantageous
- Drafting or contributing to Ecological Impact Assessments and Habitats Regulations Assessments
- Use of GIS software, particularly ArcGIS
- Working with other environmental disciplines
- Business development in the ecological sector, bid preparation and sales
- Day to day client liaison and reporting on progress against time and budget
- Ensuring that your portfolio of projects are on track for delivery within time and budget
- Producing high quality technical outputs and contributing to technical reviews of content written by others
- Providing technical guidance and support to junior team members
Benefits of the Role
- Developing leadership skills in a small but growing team
- Opportunity to demonstrate and develop your business development skills
- Dedicated personal development budget
- Competitive salary and benefits package