|Job Title:||Senior Ecologist - Bedford|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Josh Blanchard|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
My client is an established and award winning multi-disciplinary practice with four office locations in the UK. They have a diverse portfolio of projects including: residential, retail, public realm and open space, green infrastructure, education, health, transport and infrastructure, mineral extraction and renewable energy.
They have a large and friendly team of experienced Ecologists, Landscape Architects, Urban Designers, Planners, Environmental Co-ordinators, Arboriculturists and Graphic Designers who are committed to high quality environmental planning and design with a strong emphasis on delivering sustainable solutions.
They are now seeking to appoint a Senior Ecologist on a competitive salary, to lead and develop an ecology team in their Bedford office.
- Extended Phase 1 survey and assessment
- Protected species survey and assessment
- Project planning, resourcing and coordination, including of large-scale projects
- Mitigation design
- Species licensing
- Liaison with and advice to clients and contractors
- There would also be an element of business development associated with this role
Who you are:
- Full CIEEM membership, and 3 years post membership experience
- A relevant degree
- CEnv or CEcol, or be in the process of applying for them
- Protected species licences are highly desirable
Applicants should be self-motivated, flexible, organised, good at working both independently and as part of a team and able to deliver work to a high standard. You will have a positive approach to developing ecology within the Practice, to work with and further expand our existing client base.
My client expects you to be able to work to reasonable deadlines and prioritise workloads and have excellent written skills, including the ability to write clear assessment reports. You should be able to undertake EcIA reporting and assessment to meet the standards of BS42020. Good verbal communication, a flexible approach to work and taking proportionate responsibility are important.