My Client is a high-end consultancy looking to expand their established ecology team within their Birmingham office, you'll be working on a variety of exciting high-end projects, working across some of the biggest infrastructure schemes and most complex projects in the country.
You will manage existing major confirmed projects, develop new business and give clear, consistent and considered advice to achieve project goals and benefit biodiversity.
* You will report directly to the Midlands Ecology Skills Leader and ultimately the Associate Director responsible for the Environment & Sustainability Team
* Travel to sites in the Midlands Region and beyond as needed
* Coordinating ecological support to our highways business, maintaining high standards and consistency of work and managing the resource requirements for this work stream
* Responsible for managing ecological elements on a range of other major projects from survey planning through to mitigation implementation
* Responsible for monitoring budgets, controlling expenditure and meeting agreed deadlines
* Represent my client at external meetings, as well as the ecology team at internal meetings
* Produces high quality ecological reports, checking and approving the work of more junior colleagues
* Responsible for the performance and development of more junior ecologists, providing guidance training, motivational and directional feedback
* Positive and proactive individual keen with a desire for continual improvement of both self and the team
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
* Extensive technical experience in a range of ecological and protected species surveys. Holder of Natural England personal survey licences, with a bat licence being a distinct advantage
* Proven success of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment and building a diverse network of contacts
* Strong experience of providing ecological advice in the design and delivery of major infrastructure projects
* Strong commercial awareness with demonstrable experience of liaising with and managing clients and developing business
* Comfortable and confident in a client-facing role
* Experienced at selecting and managing sub-consultants and reviewing their performance
* Experience of designing and implementing successful ecological mitigation including under EPS licences for bats and GCN
* Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
* Management experience of individuals and teams with an interest and aptitude for developing more junior ecologists.
* Expertise with regards to use of bat recording technology, sound analysis and data interpretation
* Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's Degree in Ecology or related subject
* Full Membership of CIEEM. Chartered Status an advantage
* Typically over seven years' professional ecology experience in a consultancy environment
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!