Senior Ecologist - Brighton
My client is a growing engineering, consulting and construction services business. They look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
They have an exciting offering of the opportunity to work on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you.
My client is seeking an experienced Senior Ecologist to play a central role in delivering their workload and reputation in environmental services in their Sussex office.
Current projects include, the production of environmental and planning related reports, including EIA's for significant infrastructure projects in the energy and water sectors.
The ideal candidate will therefore have a wider understanding of the planning and environmental regulatory frameworks.
The role will involve:
- Taking a leading role in ecological and biodiversity aspect of development projects.
- Working in an integrated team of environmental professionals you will provide advice to clients and team members, with responsibilities for management, client liaison, undertaking field surveys, reporting (Phase 1 habitats, protected species, EcIA and EIA chapters, EPS licence applications etc.)
- Managing projects to budget and deadlines
- You will also be responsible for ecological subcontractors, approving of work scopes, technical review and ensuring quality of inputs to project teams
We would particularly welcome applicants with significant knowledge and experience or one or more of the following:
- The aquatic environment, including River Habitat Surveys and River Corridor Surveys, plus species surveys (fisheries and fish, white-clawed crayfish, freshwater pearl mussel, water vole and otters, aquatic macroinvertebrate sampling, analysis and interpretation, and aquatic plant surveys). (Input to Water Framework Directive assessments and monitoring, sustainable drainage systems, Flood Risk Assessments and other water-related studies may also be required)
- Bat survey techniques
The work includes:
- Managing ecological inputs and deliverables to projects
- Liaising with clients, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders
- Providing ecological advice to clients and colleagues
- Developing client relationships
- Technical proposal writing in support of the MWH bid team
- Mentoring of less experienced/entry level staff and strengthening relationships with other disciplines
- Relevant degree qualification
- Relevant postgraduate qualification preferable e.g. Masters degree
- Associate or Full member of CIEEM
- Chartered Environmentalist (Chartered Ecologist or similar)
- Full current UK driving license
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills particularly the ability to produce clear well-argued reports and presentations
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience at managing and mentoring less experienced/entry level staff
- Commitment to personal and continuing professional development
- Capable of organising and developing your work with minimal supervision
- Ability to undertake general environmental tasks as required
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!