Senior Ecologist - London
My client is a successful international multidisciplinary consultancy looking to grow their well-established ecology team.
You will use the support of our existing team of ecologists combined with exposure to other disciplines and sectors to continue to develop your skills. You will carry out a wide range of field surveys (great crested newts, bats, water voles and badgers) over the busy survey season, alongside office-based work such as day-to-day data analysis and project management, input to and preparation of fee proposals & attendance at meetings.
To be successful in this role, it is also desirable that you have the following:
- Full membership of CIEEM or the ability to apply for membership;
- An accomplished and broad background of ecological expertise, from solid extended Phase 1 skills to species-specific survey techniques, mitigation schemes and ideally EPS licence applications
- Strong knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
- Knowledge of how to survey and advise clients about invasive species issues - BREEAM and reptile expertise would be an advantage;
- The ability to write EcIA chapters and/or HRA assessments
- The ability to use a range of field equipment and software, ideally including GIS, MS Word and Excel
- A relevant degree
- A full driving licence
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK
What's on offer?
- A competitve salary
- Range of flexible benefits
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!