|Job Title:||Senior EIA Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Payne|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Senior Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant
- My client is a leading Environment Consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with a strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, they work in partnership with all their customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice.
- My Client offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. Nationally and internationally recognised for their expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, and their skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, government, water companies and developers.
My client is looking for an experienced EIA / SEA Senior Consultant to join their team. The role will support the Managing Consultant for EIA and Development as well as other Senior Managers. You will as an individual be expected to lead and manage your own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of the consultancy service. You must be able to demonstrate strong project management and technical expertise, but will also be responsible for writing bids and developing business opportunities.
You will lead technically on a wide range of EIA and SEA projects and provide clear project direction with clients and other team members, both internally and externally. You will lead, project manage and co-ordinate a wide range of studies, manage the technical work of more junior staff and sub-consultants as well as develop follow-on work and new opportunities as they arise.
- Bachelors (2.1 or above), Masters or PhD in a relevant environmental discipline
- Proven EIA and SEA experience
- Extensive consultancy experience
- Proven experience of project management and leading complex projects
- Full membership of RTPI, IEMA or similar professional body
- Experience in the preparation of proposals and tenders
- Experience in the water industry would be beneficial
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent team working skills together with strong communication skills and a close attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder and regulatory communications and management skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated to thrive in this busy and demanding environment
- Excellent report writing and bid-writing skills
- Ability to give presentations at all levels
- Good IT skills in commonly used software, e.g. Microsoft Office, internet, email
- Excellent organisational skills