Our Clent is currently continuing steady growth of their electrical capability. To enable this growth they require Chartered Electrical Engineers with broad or specialised backgrounds, who can operate at a senior level. This role is for an experienced engineering consultant with a track record in business development, client handling and the development of junior engineers.
The job is primarily technical leadership of electrical design and analysis based projects within regulated industries. It requires collaboration with internal projects, clients and regulatory bodies. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered to a high technical standard, whilst meeting the requirements of HSE legislation and our internal processes.
As part of their growth strategy, the candidate will be expected to interface with our clients at a senior technical level, taking responsibility for business development and marketing activities.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate proven experience working in regulated industries, with safety case processes or equivalent engineering change processes. Evidence of previous business development and client handling will be beneficial.
The candidate should have a strong technical and project background; with experience which should include several of the following:
- High voltage AC and high voltage DC Electrical power system design
- Electrical protection design and analysis (IPSA, Digsilent, ETAP, Amtech, SimPowerSystems)
- Specification and operation of electrical equipment in industrial or defence applications
- Application of regulated industry standards, methodologies and principles
- Safety case and Design Substantiation Report authorship
- Eliciting clients' technical needs and developing relationships
- Technical leadership on projects
- Verification and approval of technical output
- Project supervision and control of risks
- Mentoring and development of junior engineers
As well as the above, you will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be familiar with working to the requirements of ISO 9001